National Open University of Nigeria, Noun is a Federal Open and Distance Learning (ODL) institution. and it is the first of its kind in the West African sub-region.
update: The National Open University, NOUN Admission Form is now on sale for 2018/2019 academic session
Table of Content
For those who are interested, here is a brief history of national open university of nigeria.
The National Open University was initially established on 22 July 1983 as springboard for open and distance learning in Nigeria.
But on 25th April, 1984, it was suspended by the government. However, its rejuvenation begun on the 12th of April 2001 by the former President of Nigeria, Gen. Olusegun Obasanjo. See more on the Noun Wikipedia Page: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Open_University_of_Nigeria
How To Apply for NOUN Admission
The National Open University sales of application form for admission into Certificate, Diploma, Undergraduate, Post Graduate Diploma, Masters Degree, and Doctor of Philosophy Programmes is ALWAYS ONGOING.
The entire process of applying for NOU Nigeria Admission is electronic and done online and it can be processed 24-hours a day.
You are to fill the National Open University Admission Application form online. The method of application is provided below;
Application for Admission
- Interested applicant can pay (cash only) for NOUN Application Form in any branch of the designated Banks listed below.
- Before making payment, you should obtain a Teller specially designed for NOUN for the purpose of Admission. (Please Ask the Bank and they will attend to you)
- Collect the APPLICATION PIN CODE equivalent to the amount paid for your form.
- If you have carried out the above steps, click here to proceed with your application registration.
- The process is that SIMPLE!
For Prospective Student
Continuing with your acceptance of Provisional Admission requires you to have done the following:
- Screened at the study centre
- Obtain Clearance Code
- Sign up on this portal with the clearance code to obtain Matriculation Number
- Paid for NOUN registration fees at any participating bank and obtain a receipt containing your Registration Transaction ID
- If you have carried out the above steps, kindlyclick here to continue.
NOUN Participating Banks
You can obtain NOUN Application Form from any of the following banks;
- Zenith Bank
- Skye Bank Plc
- First City Monument Bank
- United Bank For Africa(UBA)
- WEMA Bank Plc
Note: You will get the Account Numbers from the bank – When they provide you with the NOUN Teller –
How Much Is NOUN Application Form
Interested persons should pay as follows to obtain NOUN application forms:
- Undergraduate Programmes N5,000.00 (Five Thousand Naira) only.
- Postgraduate (PGD and Masters) Programmes N7, 500.00 (Seven Thousand Five Hundred Naira) only.
- Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D) Programmes N10, 000.00 (Ten Thousand Naira) only.
NOUN Available Programmes
The following are lists of Registrable programmes in the National Open University of Nigeria. And they have been approved by the National Universities Commission, NUC.
- School of Science and Technology
- School of Health Sciences
- School of Agricultural Sciences
- School of Law
- School of Education
- School of Management Sciences
- School of Arts and Social Sciences
- Centre for Life-Long Learning and Workplace Training
- Access and General Studies
- Click Here for the Full List of NOUN Programmes and Courses.
Welcome to the National Open University of Nigeria’s e-Courseware platform. From the below links, you can access all NOUN e-courseware.
- Access and General Studies
- Arts and Social Sciences
- Science and Technology
- Health Sciences
- Agricultural Sciences
- Management Sciences
Important Notice: To read any of the National Open University course materials, please click on any of the links above. The material will then open in a new window (in a .Pdf format).
You can chose to save it after reading. Take note that you will need Adobe acrobat reader installed on your desktop computer/PC/Laptop before you can access this e-courseware – Click Here to Download Adobe acrobat reader.
Contact: If you have any question regarding the NOUN e-Courseware, you can send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and the subject of the email should be: e-Courseware. Also note that this email is for this purpose ONLY. Any other general enquires will not be attended to.
Printing of NOUN Admission Letter
Applicants who are newly admitted into National Open University of Nigeria, can print their admission letter from the official portal of NOUN by CLICKING HERE.
When the page loads up, you will be required to enter your Application Form Number or Any of your name, (first, middle or surname is accepted) and then click on the Search Button.